Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Black Crackle and Assorted Other Polishes

I have a bit of a random assortment to show you folks today! Plenty of silly names, too.

First off, I finally got myself to pick up a crackle polish. I've always wanted to pick up a black one since it's a really cool effect. I picked up Color Show Carbon Frost from K-Mart and I was glad I did! Here it is over Wet 'n' Wild 9.0.2.1.Orange:
It was tricky to apply and rather gloopy, but on most of my nails it crackled nicely and to me it looks like a spooky forest at nighttime! I love that and I'm absolutely going to use it in a Halloween mani next month. As a sidenote, 9.0.2.1.Orange is such a great name. It's a somewhat sheer orange and yellow glitter.

The next polish I have to show you is one of the most ridiculously named polishes in my whole collection, SOPI Here's Lilac-in At You, Kid. Seriously, who came up with that? It's a lilac-grey duochrome and has a really nice, soft appearance. 

I'm not sure why these pictures came out so blurry! I still have to work on my photo setup, I suppose. I love how similar it looks on the nail to how it looks in the bottle, I was worried the shift wouldn't carry over. It went on quite smoothly too, this was about 3 coats.

Next, I have over-the-top blue sparkliness.
This is one coat of Sinful Colors Hottie over Dollish Polish A Bad Case Of Blue Balls. Hottie is a translucent blue jelly packed with blue glitters and microglitters, and it completely overpowered ABCOBB, which is a sapphire blue with light blue shimmers. Surprisingly, Sinful Colors Blue By You is almost identical to ABCOBB, but has more of a teal shimmer than a blue shimmer. That difference was next to invisible when I tried to do a comparison shot, as you can see:
Blue By You is just slightly less sheer, requiring only two coats for the three that ABCOBB needs. I love blue tones like this though, so I don't mind having both! Also the Dollish Polish has such a great name.

And that's it for today! I hope everyone's having a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment