Friday, September 20, 2013

First Post!

Hello! This is my first time doing any sort of blog but I thought it'd be a fun way to archive the polishes I have so I'm not just spamming up the Something Awful Forums thread about nail polish. I'm not totally sure what sort of gimmick I'll have or even if there'll be one! For now I'll just start posting.

One of my favorite retail polish brands is Sinful Colors, partly because of how cheap it is and also because of the variety and quality of polish. I picked up SC Opening Night from Rite Aid the other day, it's a gorgeous dark teal shimmer. Here it is with an accent nail of SC Nail Junkie:



Opening Night had very good coverage and only took about 2 coats for full opacity. On the downside, it's already getting noticeable tipwear and I've had it on for about 24 hours.

On another note, a couple weeks back I participated in a grab-bag polish sale and got some nice polishes! Here's NARS Tokaïdo Express, a dark burgundy with a golden shimmer:


I was a little surprised at how watery Tokaïdo Express was, I ended up having to apply 3-4 coats to get full coverage and it was difficult to manage. It didn't help that the brush was awkward to use due to the shape of the cap. I love the colour though, it's very classy and I'd love to pair it with Zoya Maria-Luisa once I finally get that polish.

That's it for today! I hope whoever reads this isn't rolling their eyes at my totes amateur photography and staging. I swear it'll look less terrible later on! Also, if you want to completely lose productivity on anything you're working on at the current moment, play Cookie Clicker. It's basically a time vortex.

No comments:

Post a Comment