Friday, September 27, 2013

Sonnetarium - Cucumber Salad, Blueberry Yogurt, Samurai Princess

A little while ago I was searching around for a good black and white glitter topcoat, and I came across Sonnetarium's take on the theme. I picked that up along with a couple minis of other polishes, and I have to say, I wish I'd gotten full-sized bottles now.


First up is Cucumber Salad, a mint-green polish with tiny white and green glitters.
This is one coat of it over Ulta Mint Condition. Cucumber Salad is a bit sheer, but over a similarly-coloured basecoat it's perfect. It's fresh and springlike, and I absolutely love the mix of glitters in it.

Next up is Blueberry Yogurt, which is purple with assorted sizes of darker indigo glitters.
This is one coat over Essence Oh My Glitter. In person, it looks exactly like its namesake and I love that. Like Cucumber Salad, it's a bit sheer, but works nicely over a similar basecoat. 

Last of all is Samurai Princess, the black and white glitter topcoat.
This is one coat over China Glaze Hang-Ten Toes. I absolutely love this topcoat! It's a well-known good combination ever since Lynnderella's Connect The Dots came out. Lynnderella is notorious for both overpricing and being completely nuts, so it's best to not try to get that. I decided on Samurai Princess after seeing this comparison post on Chalkboard Nails and I'm so glad I did, because it's exactly what I wanted. The coverage is excellent and the mix of glitters is amazing.

If you want to pick up any of these polishes or any others from Sonnetarium's gorgeous array, you can pick them up at their store.

1 comment:

  1. Really loving Cucumber Salad! It wasn't even on my radar, but after these swatches....gimme! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete